Monday, July 20, 2009

My Monday weigh in

Well I am pleased to report that I have lost one pound since last week.
I have a cousin visiting from CA and we made a mad one day dash to the Grand Canyon with her 9 year old, 6 year old and my 2 almost 3 year old. It was a fun day, filled with plenty of walking and chasing my son so he wouldn't get too close to the edge. (I was a silent wreck, filled with mom anxiety, fearing my little ball of energy would fall in the canyon!!)
I can feel my motivation starting to hit the dirt. I find myself making an exuse rather than going to the gym or even going on a walk. I would love to hear anyone's ideas on how they get back into motivation mode or even stay motivated. Thanks for the support, and keep up all the good work. Good job to all those ladies who have dropped the pounds to get closer to your goal!!!
Start weight 137
week 1-135
week 2-136
week 3-135

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had some major words of wisdom right now....I'm searching for some myself. I just try and remember how good I feel after I'm done. I feel that emotional high of having done something good for myself and I know I am one step closer to my goal. Plus I know all of you are in this with me and I don't want to be the one to wimp out and not see it through! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come to find that the time I take out for myself to walk is really a time when I can just think about things. When I try to think new ideas and new ways to create.

    I envision my future and where I see myself in a years time and beyond. I lose myself in the music I listen to and just unwind from my day.

    Food is where I have trouble, not the exercise...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific job, Janell! I struggle with trying to stay focused on this journey as well. With kids as young as yours, it is so difficult to remember to take care of yourself. I try to remember each morning (as I am trying to convince myself to get up and walk) that I feel good after I have done it. When I go to bed at night, I like the feeling that I did something good for myself. In the end, by taking care of myself, I am also taking care of my family. You can do this! Also, I have to say that my heart rate was elevated as you talked about your mom anxiety at the Grand Canyon...I would be the same way!

    ReplyDelete