Friday, July 17, 2009

Weight Loss, Gain, Loss, Gain, Gain...

Starting Weight: 144.8 (although I gave Dana a different weight because I started a program before I heard about her program...)

I had a 10 day goal of 138 pounds. I didn't make it.

Today, I'm at 142.8. My lowest weigh in was 140.6 (not on my official weigh in day).

Total loss: 2 pounds.

Does weight training help with fat loss? My belly, hips, and thighs have some serious flab on them. Does weight training increase weight while losing inches? My hubbie won't let me join a fitness center (says I have a treadmill and 27 pound twins to lift. He has a horrible sense of humor.) Any suggestions for working out at home ~ that does not involve dead lifting 27 pound wriggling 18 month old boys?
I actually like (kinda) the way my arms look (remember those 27 pound toddlers?). However, I still have what I call my teacher flab. The triceps area of my arms is still loose. How do I fix that?

2 comments:

  1. Robyn, I don't have the answer for the triceps...I'm sure someone else does, but what about speed walking with the twins in their stroller? That will help with your over all wight and fitness AND get you our of the house...as a Mom, that can be a great thing! :-) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight training WILL help with fat loss through the ENTIRE day! Weight training does NOT increase your weight but DOES help lose inches! :) It is absolutely the best thing you can do to speed up the process and see more noticeable results. You might try working out with bands to help tone up your thighs and arms. One of our local "Curves" is offering free membership through the summer...I live in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete