Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Thursday Weigh-In


Starting Weight 174.5

Week 1---164.8
Week 2---164.2
Week 3---161.7

Total weight loss 12.8 pounds

I learned something very interesting this week. The week that I lost only 1/2 pound and then most of this week I was skipping at least one meal per day,sometimes 2. On Tuesday of this week, I was walking out at the track thinking about why the scale was not moving. I was exercising twice per day. Eating very little food and what I did eat was half portions and snacking was non existent. It came into my head that I was not eating enough calories and that my body was not going to let go of the weight because it felt it was starving.
That day I ate all 3 meals and guess what, a pound and a half gone the next morning. Same with Wednesday, ate all 3 meals and more than a pound gone this morning.

So lesson learned for me. Eating carefully 3 meals per day is what brings about weight loss for me. I cannot skip meals and lose weight.

6 comments:

  1. Good point Dana. Your body won't let go of the weight if you deny it food. I'm having a hard time remembering to eat 3 meals a day and I think that's why my weight is not coming off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Dana! Good point with the meals. I am trying to schedule all of my meals once a week and sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. Exercising twice a day!!! Goodness...I can barely motivate myself once a day. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Dana!! You rock!!! Okay, now I know I've got to get off this hump. I've been stalled out at this plateau long enough, time to get the ball rolling again. You are my inspiration!!! You are going to reach your goal in no time and will be on the path to maintaining your healthy lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh. I didn't know that you could eat too few of calories. Maybe that is my problem. I'm not losing weight. I'm eating very little. I'm exercising...
    Guess I will try for light meals and snacks.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete