Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fruits and Veggies Co-Op

We all know how important fresh fruits and veggies are. If you live in Arizona or parts of Utah, you can take part in Bountiful Baskets. It is a co-op where you pay $15 for a basket of fresh fruits and veggies. Here is link to the sight. Some places are weekly, others are bi-weekly. I love the produce that I get, and it is seriously cheaper than the grocery store. I have four kids who all eat tons of fruits. If you want more information on it - email me.
You also have the option to purchase bread at a discounted rate, as well as seasonal fruit by the case.
This is from my basket last month. The leaves down in front are fresh herbs. Thyme, basil, cilantro, parsley, and ... I didn't know what one of the herbs was.

4 comments:

  1. That's AMAZING! I'd like to get more info. We're moving to North Salt Lake....is that one of the locatons? We'll be hopefully settled in a few weeks. We have Farmer's Markets here that I'm going to miss so this sounds similar and farm fresh! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds too good to be true. Enjoy your bounty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if Bountiful Baskets has moved into Northern Utah yet. I know there are locations in Southern Utah. You can check their web page for specifics. Our basket this week had fresh green beans and snow peas. I'll be making stir fry and steaming beans! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fabulous idea! I checked the website and no deliveries to Spanish Fork. I wish there were though.
    I would sign up in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete