Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Whoo hoo!

I had a great workout last night. I feel good. Who cares what my weight is ~ I'm getting healthy. OK - I still care, but I'm going to focus on two major things versus the entire overall picture.
My goal:
  • Drink 70 ounces of water a day. (I read you should drink half your body weight in water. I've been getting 48 - 60 oz per day. Obviously that isn't enough.)
  • Exercise (in my heart rate zone) 5 days this week. (I bought a heart rate monitor and I plan to start using it. I found that I tend to workout above my zone which, from my understanding, is burning more of my sugar than my fat. When I burn sugar first or most, it does not take away the fat. Does anyone else have other information about heart rate training?)

One request....

Can anyone give me good breakfast ideas? I'm tired of eating eggs. I still fix french toast, pancakes, and waffles for my kids, but I'm eating one egg and fruit. It is getting old! Rev up my morning please! :)

Thanks for all of the support girls. I've been really appreciative of this group!

4 comments:

  1. Robyn-
    I usually eat Kashi or Total cereal in the mornings. If not that, then I love oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steel cut oats is my new favorite. LOTS of fiber and protein....and I like the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really have any suggestions on breakfast as I have been following low carb for the past 8 months and I don't know what plan you are on, but I believe Bob Greene gives some good info on the heart rate training in his first book "Making the Connection". You might can even find some info online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steel cut oats with raisins is a favorite. Also when in a rush, I make a smoothie. I always have frozen chunks of bananas in my freezer. I pop 3-4 chucks in a blender, 1/2 cup fat free vanilla (or plain) yogurt, 1 Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast packet and about 1/2 cup milk. Whirl until smooth...adjust the milk for thicker or thinner consistancy. Just a thought...also helps with my chocolate cravings.

    ReplyDelete