Monday, July 6, 2009

The Harest Thing About Dieting Is...

not eating the same foods as my family. I have 4 kids plus my nephews that live with me. It is important to me that they get a healthy meal. I cook three meals a day primarily from scratch. That is my choice. The hard thing this morning was watching the kids eat french toast while I ate 1 egg with celery. I cheated and put a 1tsp of shredded cheese on the top. How do you other moms balance different foods at meal times?
Today's Goal:
64 oz of water

I fill this bottle at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. At the end of the day I will have had 72 oz of water.

no straying from healthy eating plan

This is a magnet that I made for my fridge. It lists the healthy eating plan that I follow.

3 comments:

  1. It does get old cooking 2 different meals. But if it means I will consistently lose weight, I guess I will just grin and bear it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Robyn....you are funny. I let my family enjoy the goodness of the things I am eating as well. They can garnish theirs with whatever they choose...but hey....they eat what I eat ;)I don't have the will power that you have to not eat what I made for them....I am weak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it isn't that you are weak, but realistic. My kids love pancakes, oatmeal, and french toast for breakfast. Those aren't the best things for me to eat. So instead of making them eat eggs with me everyday - I spoil them and cook for them as I would any other time.

    ReplyDelete