Friday, August 14, 2009

Power Oatmeal Pancakes

I thought I would share a very yummy breakfast with you lovely ladies! I love this recipe. It gives me so much energy during the day. The recipe comes from The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook, by Tosca Reno.
Power Oatmeal Pancakes
6 egg whites, beaten until fluffy
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 cup oatmeal, uncooked
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup flax seed
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1.Place all ingredients except beaten egg whites in a food processor and pulse or blend until mixture is uniform.
2.Pour blended ingredients into a bowl and add the egg whites. Fold until just blended.
3.Prepare a griddle with cooking spray. Ladle pancake mixture onto griddle and cook until both sides are browned.
Makes 6 pancakes. I have 4 kids so I double the recipe.
For syrup, I took a handful of blueberries and a tsp of water ~ mixed it together in a small saucepan, mashing the berries as they cooked. That was my syrup. It was very yummy.

Calories: 283/ Calories from frat: 100/ Protein: 21g/ Carbs: 24g/ Dietary Fiber: 4.5g/ Sugars: 0.3g/ Fat: 10.5g/ Sodium: 198mg

No comments:

Post a Comment