Thursday, August 13, 2009

Broccoli Breakthrough

Yesterday my husband was attending his first aid/CPR class and wasn't going to be home for dinner, so I thought I would have something easy. My mom babysat for me while I worked and she had made an early dinner for my 3 year old son Hunter. So, when I got home I had a grilled chicken salad with all the trimmings. My son decided to sit with me while I ate. He then decided he wanted to try a piece of broccoli. Low and behold, he had just discovered the best food on earth. He sat there and ate every bit of broccoli in my salad. Now, keep in mind I generally serve him what my husband and I eat because I can't stand making separate meals. I have served this child broccoli for the last three years and last night was the first time he actually ate it, not to mention he then ate half my salad! I am so excited to see him interested in all the good food I make, FINALLY!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when kids discover that food that is good for them actually tastes good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very exciting! You just never know when their little taste buds are going to change.

    ReplyDelete